Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Goodbye to the old and HELLO to NEW

Today was my first nutritional class and another step towards bariatric surgery.  It was 2 hours chock full of information.     A lot of it I knew already and some of it was a new spin on things.     The best thing about my new nutrition is, I'm not limited.  I do have options of what I can eat and still have flavor.  
       However, I will have to give up some things and add a few things.   No more sweet tea and add a whole lot more water.   (I knew it was coming, but now it's official).    I will also be saying goodbye to many empty calories.   I have a new plan of how many grams of protein I should have, a new way to look at labels, and a set amount of calories.   
      Yes the surgery is to help me lose weight, but there are many habits I need to form before I have my surgery.   By beginning them now, it will ensure better success after my surgery.  Below are my goals that I have chosen to incorporate in my new lifestyle.   If I write it and share...then everyone can help hold me accountable right?     Yes this means you!   If you see me getting off course, this is your permission to kindly remind me of my goals  :) 

1.  Exercise 90 minutes a week and build up to 150 minutes  
2.  Drink 64 oz of water a day
3.  Cut down to 1 soda a week
4. Eat for a duration of 20-30 minutes (don't inhale my food, lunch at school will be a task)  
5.  Don't drink while I'm eating, eat 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after.   

APPS I will be using to help me:
1. fitbit
2. hydrate (to remind me to drink)
3. aktiBMI (a tracker for weight) 
4. Timer for when I eat my meals

Once again thank you for following me on my journey and I look forward to your help along the way!   

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goals- so happy to see they are preparing you for success !

    ReplyDelete