Monday, April 17, 2017

Ooooh ooooh halfway there......oooh oooh living on a prayer!

Image result for Halfway There

Phew....I have made it one week into my liquid diet!   It was only 7 days but it was a long journey.   Was it hard...YES...but definitely doable.  There is no way I could have done it without the support of my family, friends, and co-workers.   So many people were praying for me this week and I surely felt it.   God was carrying me every day, every meal, and through every hunger pain and headaches.  

I have discovered about myself this week:
  • I am able to say no to food.   My students wanted to share their food and candy with me all week (they didn't know until Friday about my surgery).  I got Easter treats through out the week, including candy, pizza (my favorite), and donuts.  
  • It's okay not to eat while so many others around you are eating.   I had to take my students to lunch and eat with them every day in the cafeteria.   WORST NIGHTMARE...SURROUNDED BY FOOD!   All of my co-workers were eating pizza and donuts during a staff meeting.  Key to that....always have your protein shake with you!   
  • When you know what the end goal is and getting off track can keep you from getting there.....you will do anything to do the right thing!  I know I need this surgery for a better life of health.   
I am proud of myself for making it through this week and staying committed when so many temptations came my way.  During this week I lost 11 pounds. It wasn't through my works or will power...Only God gave it to me.   I am one step closer to my body being the temple He wants it to be.  

Continue to pray for me...I still have one more week to go!!


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Tori- every step is one toward your goals of a healthier YOU!! I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete