Saturday, May 6, 2017

Now on the Flip Side


Wow!   I can't believe I'm almost two weeks post op.   Time surely has gone by a lot faster than I thought it would.    

God has been beyond good to me during this recovery time.    I just can't stop praising Him for it!   There have been no complications and pain has been very minimal.   Your prayers have been felt every day and I am so grateful for them.   

I was very worried that I would have a hard time sipping slowly and not taking too much in...but my stomach took care of that for me.    For almost a week and a half, I did not feel hungry AT ALL.   So when I drank it was very little at a time.    Luckily my OCD self kept a list of when I took my meds, drank anything (including the time and when I finished) .   This helped me to know if it had been too long when I drank anything or took my medicine.   Something I looked forward to was having yogurt and sugar free pudding because I hadn't eaten for two weeks before surgery, still I waited a week after surgery to try any.   When I did...it was sooo good.   I just would have never thought that it would take me almost 2 hours to eat a container of yogurt...before surgery  it would take me 5 minutes...tops.   That is one of the major changes I notice...the time it takes to eat food and how QUICKLY I get full.  


Just  yesterday I was able to finally eat something that was cooked 😊 , an EGG!   I was so excited. I haven't had anything cooked in a whole month.   It was the best thing I've had!  I can now slowly start introducing puree style foods for the next two weeks.   Things like applesauce, cottage cheese, refried beans, ricotta cheese, etc.   On day two, I'm not sure how my stomach is liking the food.   I need to remember to eat slowly  and CHEW CHEW CHEW!   This is a learning process!  

I go back to work on Monday and concerned about getting tired easily and remembering to drink plenty of water through the day.   I will have to remind myself to take it easy and sit when needed.   

During my two week pre-op diet I lost 17 lbs and during post op (12 days) I have lost 11 lbs bringing me to a total of 28 lbs GONE FOREVER!   

I'm excited to see how this journey continues and I'm remembering to take it day by day!   

6 comments:

  1. You are awesome and I am so glad you are doing so well! Hopefully we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sauce! Glad you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete