Monday, June 5, 2017

I don't see what you see...but I'm trying!

Let me begin that I am not writing this to seek compliments or hear positive things about myself.  I just wanted to be honest with you about how I feel and what I'm experiencing.  

It has been very humbling and overwhelming to hear all the compliments and comments on the weight I have lost so far.   I do my best to say thank you and smile when I receive compliments because I know people are being sincere and are truly happy for me.  I am happy too that I'm getting healthy and losing weight.  

I have lost


  • 40 pounds
  • 23+ inches
  • Almost 2 pant sizes
However, when I look in the mirror I don't see me as "skinny" or "a whole new person".   I have a hard time getting past the stomach rolls, thick thighs, flabby arms, etc.  

A few weeks ago, the scale had stopped moving and didn't move for 2.5 weeks.  When you have lost a pound almost every day for a month and then it stops, your little world kind of shatters and a bit of depression sets in.  I was following the meal plan and moving as much as I could.   I didn't understand what was wrong but I wasn't liking it.  Come to find out I was having a STALL.  I don't like stalls!

After those 2.5 weeks I finally started losing and lost 7 pounds in one week.  I know there will be ups and downs in this journey and I keep learning as I go.  I know that when I hit a stall again I am fine and to keep following and trusting the process.  

I know I am a work in progress and I will soon see what you all see in me.  Just be patient with me and don't take offense if I look at you weird when you say awesome things about me....it just something I'm not used to and haven't been for years.  Like I said..it's a journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment